As we all know the University of Lagos cannot provide accommodation for all the students of the university because the school hostels are not enough for the available students. This need made it necessary to set up a random system of hostel and bed space allocation.
The system used by Unilag management of the school is known as BALLOTING. In this article, we’ll give you tips on how to ballot for Unilag’s halls of residence
Balloting is the process of secret voting where students are alotted spaces randomly from the online portal. The balloting process usually takes place at the beginning of a new academic session, for various categories of students who are all vying for the limited hall spaces.
The need for the school hostel is high because it is cheaper and very close to lecture halls.
Getting the perfect school hostel accommodation requires you put your ears to the ground and constantly check the online balloting space – https://unilag.edu.ng
It is also a game of chance and you might end up getting the allocation or you might not; depending on how (un)lucky you are, and how good your internet connection is.
If you do not get hostel by balloting, do not worry as we, Kwaba, have loads of off-campus accommodation that suits all your needs.
Depending on your application level (Undergraduate or Post Graduate), the site will be up between 10 AM and 3 PM from 26th – 30th, November 2018.
How to Apply for Accommodation for UNILAG Hall Accommodation
N.B: The specific link will be activated on the day of the ballot and it doesn’t become active until the hour allotted for student balloting.
(1)Log in with your username (your username could be your JAMB registration number or your Matriculation number).
(2)Click on the “Login” button to access the allocation portal.
(3)Click on the allocation link to check for allocation.
(4)Click on the button GET A SPACE NOW to apply for bed space.
(5)After the balloting process, the system will notify you if your application was successful or not.
(6)Read the guidelines below and adhere strictly to them for your own good. The guidelines are as published by The Dean of Students Affairs (DSA).
Guidelines/ Regulation For Unilag Hostel Balloting
1. The accommodation exercise is strictly an online distribution and allocation of bed spaces.
2. Students should note that there are limited bed spaces due to an increase in the number of students.
3. Allocation of bed spaces will be on the basis of first come, first serve.
4. All freshers shall be distributed into permanent Halls of Residence (HoR). Thereafter they will ballot for bed spaces on the basis of their
5. The students with medical challenges (physically challenged inclusive) should register at the Medical Centre; otherwise, their cases will not
be treated by the Students Affairs Division.
6. No sales of scratch cards for accommodation.
7. Students are advised to log on directly to the allocation portal for allocation of bed spaces using matriculation number or jamb registration
number as the case may be.
8. Every student should strictly abide by the timetable for allocation of bed spaces for each category.
9. Illegal sales or purchase of bed spaces attracts rustication for two (2) semesters; any student caught will be disciplined accordingly, so
10. Students must pay their accommodation fee within 3-working days after allocation of bed space, else the bed space stands forfeited
11. Deriving from nine (9) above, another round of balloting will be carried out to give the opportunity to students who did not succeed in the
12. Complaints should be channelled through the online helpdesk for accommodation. All complaints shall be attended to promptly. No students
and staff are allowed to gather in or outside the Students Affairs Office.
13. Re-assignment of HoR based on choice will not be entertained; students with such request shall forfeit his/her allocation.
14. Under no circumstances should any bed space/room not officially assigned to be occupied by any student.
15. Students penalised for any form of social and academic misconduct are not eligible for accommodation.
16. Biological form for staff-child(ren) has been uploaded online, members of staff are expected to fill, print, sign and submit at the Student
Affairs Division (attach a copy of birth certificate and last course registration form of the session). Other necessary information will be
posted on the University Website and in the Information Flash.
17. All students resident in the HoR shall be issued identification pass/cards, which must be produced on demand at any point in time.
18. All students are requested to avail themselves of information on accommodation through the Unilag Website, Lagmobile and the
19. The date for the hostel ballot for 2018/2019 session is from Monday, 19th November – Friday, 23rd November 2018.
In order to stand a greater chance of winning a space, make sure your internet connection is very fast.
Also, ensure you book on the date reserved for your category so you don’t miss out on the opportunity to get a bed space in your given hall of residence.
We’d love to hear from you if you have more tips.
All the best in the ballot!!!
Before you Run (1)
“Whatever political level you have laced up to run for: presidential, governorship, senatorial, house, local government, or ward, before you run, hear now what you are coming in to run or govern.”